AccessAbility is here to help people with disabilities impacted by Hurricane Matthew.
How AccessAbility can help before, during and after the hurricane.
- Assistive Technology (Wheelchairs, Walkers, Canes & Shower Chairs, etc)
- Information & Referral
- Helping you during your return home
- Navigating Emergency Services (FEMA, Red Cross, etc)
- Assist you in advocating for your rights accessing services
- Assist in ensuring the accessibility of emergency shelters
Contact AccessAbility (843) 225-5080
TTY (843) 225-0231
South Carolina Emergency Management Division
Emergency Hotline: (866) 246-0133
Citizen’s Information Line:
Charleston County: (843) 746-3900
Dorchester County: (843) 832-0393 or (843) 563-0393
Berkley County: (843) 719-4800
Medical Needs Shelter: Westview Primary School (Please call before going): (843) 761-9000
Pet-friendly shelter: Cainbay High School. Please note that you must have cage/kennel with you.
For those who are hearing impaired, call: (843) 764-3911